Sunday, January 6, 2019

DB Reviews- Ralph Breaks The Internet

Image from IMP Awards

Hello, reader! It's me, DB and I'm back to give you another AWESOME review! This time, I review Disney's newest hit film Ralph Breaks The Internet! WARNING: THERE ARE SPOILERS, SO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED, PLEASE GO SEE THIS MOVIE FIRST BEFORE YOU READ! 

In this movie, BFF's Ralph and Vanellope must journey to The Internet to find a replacement steering wheel for the Sugar Rush game. There, they meet some new friends, interact with some characters from other Disney properities (including all the Princesses) and Vanellope finds a new game  called Slaughter Race, a racing adventure game that she becomes a part of at the end of the film. 

The story was definitely well written and easy to follow. I like that in movies. I think that if a writer wrote a script for a movie, that person should make the script easy to for the movie goer to understand what's going on in the film. I think that Josie Trinidad, the head writer for this film and her team did a great job at doing just that! 

John C. Reilly returned as Ralph, the "bad guy" that wasn't so bad in the original movie, Wreck-It Ralph. I think he does a good job in this role and I do hope Disney brings him back for a 3rd film if they make one. I like him in Chicago and I think his protraying Ralph is just as good. 

Sarah Silverman returns as Vanellope, the kid racer and "princess" from Sugar Rush who is Ralphs's BFF! I think she does a good job as this character, but her singing voice does need some work! Although, I won't be surprised if kids called Radio Disney to request the DJ to play her song " A Place Called Slaughter Race", which she did with Shank from said game. 

Speaking of Shank, Gal Gadot, aka Wonder Woman, provided her voice for this character. She did a good job! This was a different role for her, having previously played an Amazonian Princess! 

Bill Hader played J.P. Spamley and Alfred Molina, aka Doctor Octopus from the original Spider-Man trilogy, played Double Dan and his little brother. Both were good at their respective roles. Hader was uncredited and I think he should've received a credit! 

I thought the game Slaughter Race looked like a Disney version of Mad Max with a little Grand Theft Auto. The goal of the game is to steal Shank's car, which is a pretty valuable item in the video game world! If Disney teamed up with a video game developer, like Activison or Insomiac, to create an actual Slaughter Race video game, I would buy it! I think Disney should do the same with Sugar Rush. That would definitely challenge Mario Kart! (I like Mario Kart a lot and I'll probably like Sugar Rush at lot too!) I think Slaughter Race should get a T for Teen rating, while Sugar Rush gets an E for Everyone. Hey, I wouldn't even mind playing Fix-It Felix, Jr if they made that one! That could get an E too! 

I also thought that the Disney Princesses teaming up to save Ralph was a nice touch! All of them working together and using their abilities together was a very memorable scene and a good one too! All of the original voice actors/actresses (except for Snow White, for which I think her original actress passed away) reprised their roles in the film! Plus, Jacques and Gus Gus made a cameo, along with a whole ton of other Disney characters, like Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy and Eeyore from Pooh! Even Grumpy of the Seven Dwarfs and Nick Wilde from Zootopia made appearances. 

The Stormtroopers and C-3PO from Star Wars also were in the film, with Anthony Daniels reprising his role as 3PO! I think that all the different characters from different Disney franchises added to the fun. 

Oh yeah, did I mention Sonic The Hedgehog? Yep, he's in this one too, with his voice actor, Roger Craig Smith, reprising the role. I guess Sonic must have a good agent cause he's done a gaming series with Mario and has a role with Wreck-It Ralph! 

Overall, the film was PURE DISNEY FUN! I give it 4 STARS! If they do a 3rd film (which they probably will in the future), I think they should take a look at console games, like ones for the PS4 or Switch. Then they could feature Mario (and his bro Luigi or Yoshi. Can't forget about them!). Thanks for reading! 

Felix and Calhoun were in this film too (with their voice actors, Jane Lynch of Glee fame and Jack McBriar, reprising the roles) but they mostly had their roles reduced a bit. This was more of a Ralph and Vanellope movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment